Predatory conferences are widespread so #TeamBJSM introduced the BJSM Education Stamp of Approval to help you recognise credible events in Sports Physiotherapy and Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM).
How do we determine quality education?
- Is the organising society/ research agency/ institution real?
- Credibility of Scientific Planning Committee (SPC) members and faculty members
- Sex balance: Scientific Planning Committee (SPC) and Faculty Members
- Approved events have >40% female faculty and >40% female SPC members.
- Scientific programme:
- Learners’ needs are defined for the activity
- Overall and session-specific learning objectives for the activity are aligned with those needs
- Target Audience chosen for the activity and aligned with the learning objectives
- Quality of scholarly papers that will be presented
- Accrediting body for Continuing Medical Education (CME)/ Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits
For event organising committees…
To receive the BJSM Stamp of Approval for conferences, email your request here: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Visited 1,899 times, 1 visits today)