BJSM Friday Podcast #426
In this week’s podcast host Dr. Giorgio Negron, MD is joined by Dr. Kenneth Mautner, MD on the AMSSM Sports Medcast to discuss orthobiologics, specifically PRP, stem cell treatments, and the current evidence for their use. Dr. Mautner is an associate professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Department of Orthopedics Surgery at Emory University in Atlanta, GA.
In this 20-minute conversation Dr. Mautner addresses the following:
- What is PRP and how did it become so popular in the musculoskeletal world?
- What the variabilities that are important to know in PRP?
- What is a stem cell?
- How do we obtain stem cells?
- How can it help with musculoskeletal conditions?
- What are these “pop-up” stem cell clinics and their products they are advertising?
- What research are you currently working on?