By Nirmala Perera @Nim_Perera, Scientific Committee Chair
On behalf of the Sri Lankan Sports and Exercise Medicine (SLSEM) Conference Committee, it is my great pleasure and honour to extend an invitation to you to join us at the Inaugural Sri Lankan Sports and Exercise Medicine Conference (#SLSEM2018). This BJSM approved conference promises to be a SEM showstopper! Colombo, Sri Lanka is the location and our dates are 6-9 September!
The theme is ‘Get Set’. It will give light to the efforts made by the Institute of Sports Medicine together with the Ministry to cater for the growing need of innovation (research), education (teaching and learning) and knowledge translation (turning research into practice and policy) within Sri Lanka and in the region. One of the main aims of the conference is to provide a unique and affordable opportunity for the local SEM community to meet face to face with the experts in the field.
- Cutting-edgescientific program
- Exceptional networking opportunities
- Fantastic social program
- Explore the ‘Perl of the Indian Ocean’ in all its September glory
- Indulge in local cuisine and famousSri Lankan hospitality
- Enhance clinical practice and athlete/patient care
- Continued professional development
- Affordable registration
- Research/collaboration opportunities
- Be part of a landmark event to accelerate and advance the future of sport and exercise medicine
- Over 15 keynote lectures
- Over 30 workshops
- More than 20 confirmed International speakers including Prof Jill Cook, Prof Caroline Finch, A/Prof Martin Hägglund, Dr Andy Franklyn-Miller, A/Prof Julien Périard
- Student presentations and awards
- Opening and closing ceremony
- Gala dinner
Our thoughtfully crafted programme will have international and local experts that will inspire and empower clinicians, academics, learners and leaders alike. This landmark conference provides ample opportunities bring together the global SEM community, to connect with world-leading experts and social functions with many networking opportunities. Also, we give you the opportunity to contribute to the growth of SEM in Sri Lanka and in the region.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to support a new initiative. We really look forwarding to seeing you in Sri Lanka!
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION CLOSES 20 JULY 2018
All conference delegates will receive reduced rates for accommodation via the conference registration page.
Follow us on
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SLSEM2018/
- Twitter @SLSEM2018
And here’s the website: http://www.slsemconference.lk/