Call for Abstracts
The International Olympic Committee (IOC), International Paralympic Committee (IPC), International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS) and the International Council for Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE) announced that their International Convention on Science, Education and Medicine in Sport will take place in Glasgow just before the Opening Ceremonies for the 2012 Olympic Games.
ICSEMIS replaces and expands the scope of the former Pre-Olympic Congresses that were so familiar to many scientists and academics in sport. The first ICSEMIS was held in 2008 in Guangzhou, China. In 2012, as hosts of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the UK will host the second ICSEMIS at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre in Glasgow, Scotland.
Researchers, students and practitioners from every branch of sport and exercise are invited to attend and to share this unique opportunity for multi-and interdisciplinary scientific exchange.
The main theme of the Convention is: INSPIRING A LEARNING LEGACY
Sub-themes, designed to attract contributions from all disciplines, are:
- Athlete Welfare
- Eligibility and Inclusion
- Elite Performance
- Governance and Policy
- International Sports Development and Management
- Major Sporting Events
- Physical Activity and Health
Timetable of calls:
- First Call for abstracts July, 2011
- Second Call for abstracts September, 2011
- Final Call for abstracts October, 2011
- Closing deadline November 1st, 2011
- Notification of review outcome January, 2012
– Early bird registration March, 2012