The aim of ASICS UKSEM is to develop the multidisciplinary team- from GP to elite team doctor, physiotherapist in private practice, soft tissue therapist, strength and conditioning coach, or high performance coach. All to provide superior patient outcomes.
We are delighted to be endorsed by the Fitness Industry Association, The British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT) and The Physiological Society (PhysSoc). These partnerships help our speciality develop and advance. We are very excited about the future!
At the conference:
- Keynote Speaker, Dr Eddie Coyle speaks on The Limits of Human Performance.
- Lord Coe speaks about the Olympic Games, London 2012 (taking place at the same venue as the UKSEM!)
- Kevin Giles reveals more about the 5 in 5 UK schools project.
- 6 DJO Academic Awards has attracted more than 150 Abstract submissions for 40 oral presentations.
- Bolt-on workshops from Gambetta, Bosch & Giles, James Earl’s Anatamy Trains.
- BASEM Masterclass GP Programme runs a parallel GP question approach
- Exhibition stands by our 3 major supporters: ASICS (discussing new technologies), Technogym (launching a new cardiologist designed exercise prescription programme) and Maxinutrition (revealing exclusive research about safe weight loss).