This event is of interest to all of those who wish to specialise in sports medicine as it may directly impact both player welfare and performance.
From an early age athletes are instructed to show no fear, to be the toughest, fastest and most focussed competitors on the field. They are also told to never show weakness, whether it be physical or mental. That fear of showing weakness could be the driver behind somany mental health issues in both professional and amateur sport.This one day conference is designed to get the sports industry talking in greater detail about the importance of mental health and of building the mental resilience that professional athletes require in order to excel in their careers and beyond.
Date: July 17th, 2014
Location: London, ORTUS learning and events centre,Camberwell, SE5
Expert Speakers include:
- DR. IAN BEASLEY, Head of Medical Services, The Football Association
- MICHAEL BENNETT, Head of Player Welfare, Professional Footballers’ Association
- DR. DAVID FLETCHER, Senior Lecturer in Performance, Psychology and Management, Loughborough University
- JASON RATCLIFFE, Assistant Chief Executive, Professional Cricketers’ Association
- RACHEL NEWNHAM, Performance Lifestyle Advisor, Lawn Tennis Association
- DANIELLE BROWN MBE, Double Paralympic Gold Medalist (2008 and 2012) Paralympics GB
And many more
Further details available on event website: http://bit.ly/gcmh17jul