At BOSEM, our editorial team consists of a unique and diverse group of growing and established academics and clinicians willing to bring new voices and vigour to the broad Sports & Exercise Medicine field. Yet, we feel incomplete without the voices and views of the next generation of leaders in our field. Hence, at BOSEM, we want to expand our editorial team with a dedicated student panel – a group of peers and colleagues currently at the undergraduate, BSc, MSc or PhD level and keen to learn more about academic publishing. Specifically, we want to connect a diverse group of 10 enthusiastic members from across the globe. In other words, there is room for everyone from anywhere!
Who are we looking for …
- You are a student (Undergraduate, Honours, BSc or MSc or PhD level) in a field related to Sports & Exercise Medicine (e.g. medicine, sports sciences, health sciences, physiotherapy, etc.)
- You are willing to take on the role and responsibility as a BOSEM editor – information on what this entails can be found here: https://bit.ly/3mezLKn.
- You are motivated to learn more about academic publishing and willing to be mentored by our editorial team.
- Your expertise and enthusiasm are inspiring, and you have views and thoughts that we can all learn from.
- You want to share your ideas, think actively about how we can improve, and be honest in your opinions about the journal.
- You are willing to judge and review a manuscript everyone now and then if this falls in the scope of your expertise.
What do we offer …
- Being a member of the coolest editorial board out there!!
- Mentorship on academic publishing and the processes of an academic journal
- Access to our broad network of Sports & Exercise Medicine professionals
- Regular general and dedicated meetings with our editorial team
- The opportunity to connect with peers and make new friends for life
How to apply …
We’ll make this easy. You can send us a (maximum) two-page (no need to be fancy) motivation letter in which you explain who you are and why you are motivated to join our student panel. It would be helpful for us if you could also explain what you’d like to learn and what personal development you are looking for. Also, we encourage diversity. Feel free to include in your letter why you may have a unique or interesting viewpoint that could complement or enhance our BOSEM editorial team.
Applications can be sent directly to email@example.com
We are accepting applications until May 31st 2023
Member selections will be made by June 14th 2023.