What are the long term effects of multidisciplinary biopsychosocial rehabilitation for patients with chronic low back pain?
• Chicago born Frances Glessner Lee (pictured), the “mother of CSI” and dollhouse-style dioramas, features in “Forensics: the anatomy of crime” exhibition at the Wellcome Collection, London.
• The 2015 version of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans (due out later this year) may no longer warn people to limit their consumption of dietary cholesterol.
• How the Toronto Star mishandled a story that suggested a link between the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine Gardasil and serious illness and deaths.
• Self dialysis for Swedes, plus other examples of doing things differently.
• Would giving patients access to test results lead to worry and confusion? Not if you’re a member of the chattering classes, says Queensland reader W Leslie Alexander.
• Banning food and pharma industry representatives from public policy decisions is an “authoritarian and illiberal view” argues UK health policy adviser Michael Tremblay.
David Payne is digital editor and reader’ editor, The BMJ.