Let us introduce you to Daniel Humphreys. One of our recently appointed student board members.
At BOSEM, our editorial team consists of a unique and diverse group of growing and established academics and clinicians willing to bring new voices and vigour to the broad Sports & Exercise Medicine field. Yet, we felt incomplete without the voices and views of the next generation of leaders in our field. Hence, we expanded our editorial team with a dedicated student panel – a group of peers and colleagues currently at the undergraduate, BSc, MSc or PhD level and keen to learn more about academic publishing.
Tell us about yourself (where do you work, what is your background, something personal, etc.)?
- I’m an active sports enthusiast, especially water sports
- A former sports coach and secondary educator
- Background in sport and exercise science
- Currently working in animal musculoskeletal care and rehabilitation
- Currently completing a clinical master of Chiropractic in Brisbane, Queensland Australia
What is your main area of research / clinical expertise?
- Musculoskeletal injury treatment, prevention, and management
- Chiropractic care
- Manual therapies
- Clinical and demographic profiles of health clinics
What is your motivation to be a member of the BOSEM team?
- Networking and connecting with others in the field
- Learning about the journal editing process
- I’m interested in staying up to date with current ideas and work
What is a work-related accomplishment that you’re really proud of?
- Established and operated an international animal chiropractic business
Who has influenced you most when it comes to how you approach your work?
- I’m fortunate enough to have some inspirational family members both in the clinical health profession and in medical research who have fostered my interest in learning and helping others, along with a desire to work hard
What’s your favourite way to unwind after a busy day?
- An afternoon surf