Every so often you bump into something that you didn’t know you didn’t know. That might make a massive difference to your (or someone else’s) life.
Well recently I was directed at this survival guide encouraging sleep to survive shift working and do it safely and securely.
The key points are:
- remember you need sleep – shift work will give you a ‘sleep debt’
- sleep well the rest of your life
- have a long lie in &afternoon nap before your night shifts
- if you get the chance, have a 20 minute nap during your shift
- turn up the lights when you’re trying to stay awake
Stay safe & sleep tight, chaps.