– Ways to improve knowledge of HIV and STIs among young MSM
Why does it matter? Young MSM are at risk of HIV and STIs and poor knowledge is one recognised determinant. Researchers in Ireland tell us that knowledge regarding HIV and STI transmission, testing and treatment among MSM is modulated by demographic factors, sexual health variables and use of MSM-specific sexual health promotion materials.
Key message: Younger MSM aged 18-24 reported lower knowledge, but engagement with the main national MSM-specific sexual health promotion website improved knowledge levels.
- Love and lockdowns
- How much need for the quadrivalent HPV vaccine among MSM aged 18-40 years?
- Gender and concurrent chlamydia modulate symptom resolution after gonorrhoea treatment
- Adherence to HIV PEP after sexual assault
- Regular use of an antibacterial mouthwash does not prevent oropharyngeal gonococcal infection
- Expedited partner therapy does not improve eradication of Chlamydia trachomatis before delivery
Read more from Perspectives here.
Enjoy the issue!
Professor Anna Maria Geretti
Editor-in-Chief, Sexually Transmitted Infections