NICE has published competency frameworks to support the implementation of patient group directions NICE good practice guidance. The competency frameworks have been produced as developmental tools to support individual people and organisations and may help to:
- identify training and competency needs
- develop educational materials
- establish a comprehensive and appropriate training programme
- facilitate continuing professional development
- inform the development of organisational systems and processes.
Three competency frameworks have been produced:
- Competency framework for people developing and/or reviewing and updating PGDs
- Competency framework for people authorising PGDs
- Competency framework for health professionals using PGDs
The competency frameworks are available to download under ‘Implementation tools and resources’ on the patient group directions guidance page: http://www.nice.org.uk/mpc/goodpracticeguidance/GPG2.jsp.
The competency frameworks have been developed to support individuals and organisations commissioning or providing NHS services. They may also be relevant to individual health professionals and organisations delivering non-NHS healthcare services.