17 Jun, 11 | by BMJ
Following the release of the BJSM blog on Kindle, BMJ Group has now published content from a number of other specialist blogs and journals on the Kindle platform. Actual journal content is now fed through to Kindle from our ‘Online First’ sections. These articles have been peer reviewed, accepted for publication, published online and indexed by PubMed but have not yet been assigned to a journal issue.
Amazon recently announced that it now sells more copies of its Kindle ebooks than traditional paperbacks. The online retailer revealed that paid-for sales of the electronic format outstrip its total sales of paperbacks.
Since the beginning of the year, for every 100 paperback books Amazon has sold, the company has sold 115 Kindle books. Additionally, during this same time period the company has sold three times as many Kindle books as hardcover books.
One of the neat little sub-features of Amazon’s Kindle is being able to subscribe to blogs on it. You have to pay a token amount for the privilege, but for Kindle users, it makes sense as the content is delivered to you wirelessly for your favourite blogs. Now as well as blogs, subscribers can sign-up for ‘Summaries of recent articles’ from a number of our titles (see full list at the bottom of this post).
Our blogs and recent articles are fully downloaded onto your Kindle so you can read them even when not wirelessly connected. And unlike RSS readers which often only provide headlines, blogs on Kindle give you full text content and images, and are updated wirelessly throughout the day.
Please find below a full list of our current offerings in the Kindle format, with links to their location on Amazon.com.
- BMJ Case Reports Blog
- British Journal of Sports Medicine Blog
- BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care Blog
- Heart JournalScan Blog
- Injury Prevention Blog
- Journal of Medical Ethics Blog
- Journal of Medical Genetics Contact Blog
Recent articles – ‘Online First’
- Summaries of recent articles from BMJ Open
- Summaries of recent articles from BMJ Case Reports
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from ADC
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from ADC FN edition
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from BJSM
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from EMJ
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from JAMIA
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from JNIS
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from Vet Record
- Summaries of recent peer reviewed articles from the JNNP
N.B. Please note that the Kindle blog service is currently only available in the US.