The shortlist for the Wellcome Book Prize was announced today (http://wellcomebookprize.org/)
Awarded annually, and open to works of fiction and nonfiction, the prize focuses on books that have some aspect of medicine, illness or health as their central theme.
This year’s shortlist includes the following six titles:
- The Iceberg by Marion Coutts
- Do No Harm by Henry Marsh
- All My Puny Sorrows by Miriam Toews
- Bodies of Light by Sarah Moss
- The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being by Alice Roberts
- My Age of Anxiety by Scott Stossel
The Reading Room has already featured reviews of The Iceberg (http://blogs.bmj.com/medical-humanities/2015/01/09/the-reading-room-a-review-of-marion-couttss-the-iceberg/) and Do No Harm (http://blogs.bmj.com/medical-humanities/2015/02/10/the-reading-room-a-review-of-henry-marshs-do-no-harm/)
Reviews of the remaining four shortlisted titles to follow, before the winner is announced on April 29!