By Hemali Bedi
Travelling far afield for your elective? If so, we want to hear all about it. Write up your experiences into a Global Health case report and not only could you be the lucky winner of a £500 travel bursary, your article could also be included in the 2016 special edition print journal.
We’ve put together a quick guide to tell you everything you need to know.
What is a Global Health case report?
Global Health case reports should focus on:
- the causes of disease
- the social determinants of health
- access to healthcare services
- how Global Health issues affect individual lives
Global Health case reports require a comprehensive review of the relevant literature. This includes related publications published by governments and global organisations, not simply the medical literature. For more information, see our website.
What could I win?
- A £500 travel bursary to help you attend a medical conference or event related to Global Health.
- Your article will be published in our 2016 special edition print journal along with three runners-up.
How do I get started?
Before you begin, why not have a browse of our existing Global Health case reports collection? Be sure to check out our Instructions for Authors for guidance on patient consent, the submission process, and formatting issues such as the use of images. If you’ve never written a Global Health case report before, you may find our template useful to help get you writing.