As 2015 closes, the BJSM thanks the 23 member societies we serve as a major communication channel. Thanks to the society issue editors who put together what we (humbly, and without bias) feel is the best 24 issues of BJSM in the 49 volume history. Bring on our Silver Volume (#50).
- Impact Factor – journals’ Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde — reflected another record for us (6th in past 8 years) at 5.025. 2nd in the 82-member Sports Sciences category to the wonderful journal Sports Medicine (5.032, which we claim does not exceed the minimum clinically important difference)
- #1 of 81 in Sports Sciences for ‘Immediacy’ – papers cited within a year of publication – you find BJSM current and that reflects of member society engagement. Thank you!
To say thanks, here are the prizes for the 2015 BJSM cover competition:
- Be entered in a draw for FREE REGISTRATION at the ‘Return to Play’ Football Medicine Strategies Conference, London, April 9-11 2016. You will have a 1 in 10 chance of winning! OR
- Receive a copy of a sports medicine/sports physio textbook of your choice within the reasonable price range not exceeding Grieve’s Modern Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. (4th edition, 2015)
To have a chance to win, you need to vote and enter your email in the next/ Grand Final round. But before that can happen, please review the covers below and vote to select the cover that moves on to the final.
- Aug 16: Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) Sanctuary Cove Queensland
- Sept 17: Focus on athletes’ health in the International Sports Federations (IOC)
- Sept 18: Hamstring, Heat + eHealth (Dutch sports medicine, VSG)
- Oct 19: Shoe surface interaction & injury risk (Australasian Sports Physicians, ACSP)
- Oct 20: CASEM Annual Symposium (Canadian Academy of Sport & Exercise Medicine)
- Oct 21: The BASEM Spring Conference 2016 (British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine)
- Nov 22: Swedish Association of Physical Activity and Sports Medicine (SFAIM)
- Dec 23: What role exercise genomics in sport & exercise medicine? (Finnish Sports Physios)
- Dec 24: 8th MuscleTech Network Workshop, Barcelona, Spain October 2016 (ECOSEP)