From many highly qualified applicants from different countries throughout Europe, ECOSEP: The European College of Sports and Exercise Physicians and their hosts from the leading European Sports Medicine Centres will select the Travelling Fellow on the basis of excellence in their personal and professional capabilities. The Travelling Fellow will represent her or his own country and showing leadership skills, will act as ECOSEP’s ambassador on tour and be committed to the continuing development of Sports and Exercise Medicine in Europe in the future.
Results of the Selection of Traveling Fellowship Participants
The participants will be selected for their potential of a SEM career and their outstanding professional capabilities. We hope that they shine on the tour, making both friendships and important professional connections in the different centres and setting a high standard for future travelling fellows as part of ECOSEP/Bauerfeind.
- The candidate is a Medical Doctor and ECOSEP member in good standing.
- A full ECOSEP member has the priority followed by the ECOSEP Associated members.
- The applicant should be up to 40 years old.
- The applicant should be involved in medical care of high level competitive sports with a track record of personal experience.
- The applicant will ideally have done SEM specific research with publications (in press acceptable) and/or oral presentations in scientific meetings.
- The applicant should be within the last two years of specialist training for SEM.
- Candidates undergoing specialisation training for disciplines different from SEM (e.g. orthopaedic surgery or internal medicine) must show that their respective training centres have a key focus on SEM.
A CV is required, an application letter from the candidate, and two recommendation letters from their trainers. Also the Applicant candidate must include his/her proposal for a scientific research topic during the Travelling fellowship. This means, looking at a sport related problem, ideally relevant in all visited host centres. This must include an outline of the proposed study with reference to the literature.
The committee will select the candidate for the ECOSEP travelling fellowship who best fulfils the demands as listed above. The committee points out that there might be occasions when an apparently better qualified candidate is turned down as in their judgment the chosen fellow has more to gain from this unique experience. The selected candidate will present an account of their travel to the QMUL 2013 SEM congress after their Travelling Fellowship, and will submit a written report to the selection board within 3 weeks of having completed the Fellowship.
Please submit all applications to email@example.com by 28 February, 2014.
Travelling Fellowship ECOSEP Committee
Chair: Prof Nicola Maffulli (UK)
Members: Prof John. King (UK), Prof Heinz Lohrer (GER), Prof Antonio Turmo (SPAIN), Dr Aideen Henry (IRE), Dr Stefano Della Villa (ITA),Dr Nat Padhiar , Dr Nikos Malliaropoulos (GR), Mrs Elizabeth Crane (UK).
Sports Medicine Centers
London SportsCare – London Independent Hospital.
Institute for Sports Medicine (SMI) Frankfurt am Main
High Performance Center (CAR of Sant Cugat-Consorci Sanitari of Terrassa) University of Barcelona
Isokinetic Medical Group –Bologna.
National Track & Field Centre, Sports Medicine Clinic S.E.G.A.S, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Submission date: 28th February 2014.
Announcement of selected candidate: 31th March 2014.
The Traveling Fellowship will finish at the 16th Annual Scientific Meeting in
SEM QMUL 2014.
Thessaloniki 17 – 25 May 2014
Barcelona 27 – 31 May 2014
Frankfurt 3 – 7 June 2014
Bologna 10 – 14 June 2014
London 2-6 September 2014